Thursday, March 3, 2011

Young Life Ski-a-thon: Sponsor Me Here.

This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you.

Young Life in Pemberton is an unqualifiedly great thing. I'd like to support them by riding laps on Blackcomb on Saturday. 

There will be Advil. But it needn't be like that for you. Just use the 'comment' feature to sponsor me and I'll take it from there.

This is legit. Here's a quote from the pledge form provided by YoungLife:

"I am participating in the Pemberton Young Life Ski (SNOWBOARD)-A-Thon. All proceeds will help fund the planning and operating budget. You can sponsor me for an amount per lap and can name a maximum amount that you are willing to contribute. After the ski-a-thon, I will return to tell you how many laps I ski and collect your contribution. Make checks to Pemberton Young Life. All contributions are tax-deductible."

"Comment" below with your pledge. Any pledge of $5/lap or more will receive dramatic 'before and after' photos, possibly X-Ray.

7 comments:

  1. Mark L. beat you to it... but ride hard! It is for a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paul, glad to hear you're doing the ski-a-thon. $5/lap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't let Danny one-up-me. So you're on for $10/lap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll give you $1.00/lap & eat my dust!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8$ per lap, 10 lap cap, give'er

    ReplyDelete
  6. The girls r contributing piggy bank $$ so giddy up Uncle Paul- 5$ a lap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aside from a minor disagreement with my left calf, the day went very well. I completed 14 laps (more than the 13 accomplished by a 7 year-old girl that day and somewhat less than the 50ish by Rockstar Dave). The pledges here with others made by supporters too bashful to post brought in $756 for Young Life. Not too shabby. I'll post a grandtotal for all skiers when it's tallied.

    Now, to business. It's time to pay-up. Cheques should be made payable to "Pemberton Young Life" and sent or given to me asap.

    ReplyDelete